Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tools Of The Trade: e-Reader App OverDrive

Yesterday we talked about always dedicating a certain amount of your time to learning. As soon as we start thinking that we know all we need to know, we stop growing. It's a fact, lets just be aware that we will never be done learning.



I'm not saying we all need to go back to school, there are many other means of learning what we need to know. Today I will concentrate on books; they are the fasted and least expensive way of getting access to information we wish to learn about.

E-Books are also a great option to keep the cost low and limit the amount of space you need to dedicate to books. Also if you are able to get an audio e-book you can then turn any wasted times in your life into an opportunity to learn more. Such as driving, mostly if you have to commute; or while working out; or if you are cattle farmer like me, while driving the quad checking cows.

Smart phone these days have tremendous potentials. There is an app for almost anything. I admit I am a fan of having my phone do all the other things it can do. Could you imagine the amount of devices we would be carrying around if each only did one task. Since our phone as such possibilities,  might as well use them.

I've recently open an account at the Calgary Public Library so that I may have access to the numerous books I want and need for free. Then I got the OverDrive app, which links to the library and allows me to borrow the books I want on e-book format. Not only that but I can also get audio books this way. All this for free through my membership and no more late fees.

Just like at the library, sometimes the book you want will not be available. But this app does have the ability to request to be notify when it does become available. So no more excuse, get the app and start learning what you wish to know.

Help videos are available here to get your started.

No comments:

Post a Comment